HDLink Pro problem

Posted by ron 
ron
HDLink Pro problem
May 05, 2008 01:59AM
Friends...

I'm working on a Mac Pro - OSX 10.4.11, Quick Time 7.2, FCP 5.1.4. I have a Decklink HD Extreme which outputs SDI to my Digibeta deck and to a HDLink which converts it to a DVI signal for my Gateway HD Monitor. Everything's been working great.

Then... I decided to updgrade the HDLink to the HDLink PRO mainly because it gives you 6 audio outputs from the SDI signal.

I installed the appropriate software upgrade and firmware upgrade for the HDLink Pro.

But now I have a blur of green static with red horizontal lines on my Gateway monitor over the Video....and very apparent when there's black.

FYI...the same SDI signal going to the Digibeta is clean. And oddly enough, when I close Final Cut Pro, the Gateway Monitor shows a clean desktop image - and screen saver images - which are coming through the same path as FCP was....i.e. the SDI signal into the HDLink Pro to DVI into the Gateway.

I've spent the weekend trying a bunch of different fixes. Un-installed and re-installed all related software. Tried older versions of software. Repaired Disk permissions. Threw out my FCP preferences. All the usual suspects. And by the way....I'm using Black Magic's recommended combination of software versions for Final Cut, Decklink HD Extreme, Quick Time, OSX and HDLink Pro.

Now I'm baffled and very frustrated.

Sorry for such a long and detailed a post.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ron
Re: HDLink Pro problem
May 05, 2008 02:34PM
Not many. It might be an old driver sticking around where you least expect it. Or the newest driver is fouled up.

[I'm using Black Magic's recommended combination of software versions]

Have you told BMD about the trouble? They're actually the ones who are best positioned to help and they're usually very responsive.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Toggle your Timeline Filters bar with Option T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics