Upgrade from 5.0.4 -- Yet another upgrade question :-)

Posted by Lisha 
Upgrade from 5.0.4 -- Yet another upgrade question :-)
May 06, 2008 02:51PM
Hello to all,

I am working in 5.0.4. I have a project waiting for the music to be completed and final approval. Meanwhile I have a project just starting. I haven't edited anything, just captured and set up the multiclip sequences. I will probably use CHV Morphing FX (http://www.chv-plugins.com/cms/FxPlug/Morphing/Morphing.php?navanchor=1010020) and it is only compatable with 5.1.2 and above.

I've read where some people keep both versions of the software on their computer and open their FCP projects with the appropriate version. I'm thinking of doing that with the project that is waiting final approval. As for the project I've digitized and organized is it early enough in the project to upgrade without major problems. It seems worse case, I'll have to relink my clips.

Thoughts anyone? confused smiley

As always, thanks in advance!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Peace,
Lisha
www.badamitv.com
FCP 5.0.4
OS 10.4.11
Dual 2.3 Ghz G5
5 DB SDRAM
Re: Upgrade from 5.0.4 -- Yet another upgrade question :-)
May 06, 2008 03:58PM
Doesn't sound like there will be any issues. The clips aren't edited yet, so it's a pretty simple project. To keep both versions, just copy the program somewhere else. I left 5.1 on the desktop while i hopped over to 6, changed the icon to a puppy dog too.
May 09, 2008 12:08PM
So far so good! I feel like a grown up now!smileys with beersmoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 09, 2008 12:11PM
I think you can buy them by mail order, grownups. smiling smiley

May 09, 2008 12:17PM
grinning smiley ROTFLMAO!
May 09, 2008 12:20PM
Several people on this forum do that. I believe Nick Meyers does it with no issues. However there is an Apple Doc somewhere that says don't do it if I recall. Something about preferences. To be safe, I'd create a new user account after dragging the old FCP out of the applications folder. But it sounds like you are having no problems so don't listen to me.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics