Slightly OT: Where was that tutorial?

Posted by ClayC 
Slightly OT: Where was that tutorial?
May 08, 2008 05:32AM
Posted this over at the motion forum, didn't get answer yet so I'll try here:

I saw a great tutorial recently and forgot to bookmark it. It basically involved an app for mapping grids onto a photo, and then being able to apply a virtual camera in AE (or was it Motion?) to move the photo in 3D space. Lenticular 3D I believe is the proper term.

Can't seem to find it again. Anybody know where that one is? Or similar?

Thanks,
Clay
Re: Slightly OT: Where was that tutorial?
May 08, 2008 06:44AM
Was the product PFHoe from Pixel Farm? Someone just yesterday was telling me about this app, and it sounds similar to what you describe.
-V
[www.thepixelfarm.co.uk]
May 08, 2008 07:48AM
Some cool stuff there, thanks. But no, that's a tracker. The one I'm looking for let's you transform a 2D image into a 3D image. It's understandably within rather narrow parameters, but it makes pan/scan a whole lot more interesting.
May 08, 2008 12:20PM
I saw that one on the Adobe training site.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
May 09, 2008 02:41AM
Kevin,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found it over at the cow; Vanishing Point in AE CS3 by Aharon Rabinowitz.

It's actually a Photoshop function, shoulda known. (Hey, what do I know, I'm an editor. Who stuck all this graphics stuff into my contract??)

Works great, a very useful effect to use when they throw a still at you and say something like "here's our key visual, deal with it".

Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics