Log and Transfer won't take P2 contents...

Posted by chrisrash 
Log and Transfer won't take P2 contents...
May 17, 2008 11:39PM
I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed, but I couldn't find any relevant threads for the search terms I entered.

I tried following Shane Ross' P2 workflow video exactly, but when I attempt to open the folder containing the "Contents" folder and the text file, the media doesn't show up in the Log and Transfer browser. Nothing happens at all; I click open and the browsing window disappears and the Log and Transfer window is left as it was when I first opened it.

I had initially thought that the problem was that the drive I was trying to look at was NTSF formatted. I normally wouldn't check the formatting of a drive because most of the people I work with are Mac people, but I ended up copying everything to an OS Extended drive and the workflow still won't work.

I'm new to P2 material, the director doesn't know anything about and she hasn't been able to get in touch with her friend, from whom she borrowed the camera.

Do I need to download some third party software to make this work?

By the way, I'm using FCP 6.0.3 on a MacBook Pro (2.66 GHz, 2 GB RAM) with the media on a G-RAID drive through FW800. The footage was shot on an HVX-500.
Re: Log and Transfer won't take P2 contents...
May 18, 2008 12:39AM
Fixed it. I deleted the FX Factory plug-in folder in Library>Plug-ins>FX Factory as found on this thread:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=116900&highlight=import
May 18, 2008 09:32AM
There's a bugfix that straightens that problem out. I had the same situation awhile ago after an upgrade, and the solution was to head over to the FX Factory site, then download and install a patch. Check their support section or just write to them and you'll be back in business very quickly. No need to delete the plugs.

hth,
Clay
May 20, 2008 09:36AM
I'm so glad I found this forum topic. I upgraded to Studio2 about 6 weeks ago and haven't been able to import HVX-200 footage. I've spent the last 6 weeks searching for an answer to this and finally I'm able to import correctly.

Thanks for the help!

-Chris

[www.youtube.com]
May 20, 2008 10:04AM
Glad that I helped...without needing to post.

I really like the fact that you were able to search and find your answer on your own. That is so rare these days. Good going.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics