macbook pro upgrade question

Posted by Phil UK 
macbook pro upgrade question
May 22, 2008 07:13AM
Slightly unrelated but...
Does anyone out there know whether one can install a RAM memory chip into a mac book pro from home? Cheers Phil UK.
Re: macbook pro upgrade question
May 22, 2008 07:28AM
Hey Phil

Remember - Apple doesn't just make great hardware and software they have good how tos and manuals!

[support.apple.com]

If you need to know something on the hardware side simply search the Apple website tongue sticking out smiley

London nice today? Never did meet up for that drink I got so busy... sad smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 22, 2008 07:47AM
This might help too!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 22, 2008 11:11AM
Cheers Ben...will check it out. I just got a macbook and love it. Ah the beer in Camden eh? As for London, not so nice...I don't like all the stabbing going on and am thinking of relocating to Vancouver. Cheers Phil.
May 22, 2008 06:49PM
Absolutely - I upgraded mine to 4 GB in 5 minutes. You need a tiny phillips head screw driver & it's accessible by removing the battery. It's very easy smiling smiley

...but BE CAREFUL and ground yourself. You can blow the warranty in a flash if you short it out or break something inside. TAKE YOUR TIME.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 23, 2008 01:57AM
Thank you Joe - 4 gb is the maximun a mac book will take I do believe. Phil UK
May 23, 2008 08:33PM
Yes it is smiling smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics