anybody heard of a leveller?

Posted by Phil UK 
anybody heard of a leveller?
June 06, 2008 05:47AM
I am thinking of working for a new place who have a hub of drive space, decks etc plus an out board piece of equipment called a leveller...it ensures broadcast safety without the use of videoscopes. Has anyone used this? I like using video scopes, it's part of the job. Phil UK
Re: anybody heard of a leveller?
June 06, 2008 12:01PM
I heard them called LEGALIZERS. But that might be our US term. Like ELEVATOR instead of LIFT.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 06, 2008 10:25PM
I know them as 'Clippers'. You can still look at the scopes all you like, a clipper will just make positive that you don't exceed any legal limits. Most stations that I know of have them anyway, so your illegal signal doesn't throw them off air.

June 07, 2008 08:42PM
Excessive brightness of analog video in the UK is annoying, but doesn't lead to any serious problems.

In the US, it's A Problem. Excessive analog brightness can damage a television transmitter and cause interference to other television channels. Almost without exception there is "brick wall" video processing before the visual modulator to prevent problems.

It's going to do this no matter what you do. Your job is to prevent your picture from being seriously damaged. For example, if you have white clouds that violate 100 unit levels, they will lose all their detail and puffiness and turn into cartoons on the air.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics