UK calling LA

Posted by Chris 
UK calling LA
July 12, 2001 05:35PM
<HTML>I read some time ago about a new book being written called "Editing Techniques Using Final Cut Pro". None of the bookshops over here seem to have heard about it. Do any of you guys know what is happening? Who is the author? When is it likely to be published? Is the project still live? Anyone know why it seems to have "gone off the boil?"

Oh and buy the way, great site, great content and I wish I was living in L.A. I'd be at all your meetings....</HTML>
Re: UK calling LA
July 13, 2001 01:35AM
<HTML>Hi Chris
Welcome to LA in spirit.

Actually I get lots of emails from folks writing FCP books, so expect a bunch of them out within the year. Popular software breeds lot's of books.

Have never heard of the book "Editing Techniques Using FCP" and what the heck ARE editing techniques using FCP? Tips and tricks yes, but techniques? Maybe I'm cynical.

Anyway the only book shipping right now is Lisa Brenneis book called the Visual Quickpro Guide to FCP. Version 2.0 will be out in August. Michael Wohl has a book (He is the co creator of FCP) but I don't now the title but I think it ships in July sometime. Check Amazon.com for both. That's about it but wait real soon...a bunch are coming.

mike</HTML>
July 13, 2001 03:14AM
<HTML>Hi Mike

Thanks for the info, you may wish you never wrote that reply. I have checked Amazon and there is new info regarding the book. It appears that "Editing Techniques using Final Cut Pro" is the title of the new book writen by Michael Wohl, and I guess as the co-creator of FCP he should know what 'techniques' are. But we'll both have to wait until 9th October to find out. It appears that the book has been delayed, it was due to be published in July.

Now as for all those new goodies on the way...mmmmm</HTML>
July 13, 2001 03:25AM
<HTML>Oh well. I still hate the title. <g> Like Michael though. It will proably be very good I'm sure

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics