Juddering on camera pans....filters making it worse?

Posted by Phil UK 
Juddering on camera pans....filters making it worse?
June 20, 2008 03:16AM
My info is in the post below this although I failed to mention I'm using FCP 6.03 OSX 10.4.11 with QT 7.4.5. More monitor problems with juddering on same monitor and can't get rid of it with filters which usually work very well. I've had this before with DV CAM and it is really boring but I have to get on with it. Thank you Phil UK
Huge delay between computer and outboard monitor
June 20, 2008 03:07AM
I've had this problem before and corrected it with playbeck off set setting to 0 - but this (Kona Lh to small breakout box and into a JVC DTX flatscreen monitor - the sequence settings are AJA Kona 625125 - DV 10 bit. However there is a 5 or 6 frame delay perhaps more. The media is coming from a huge hub of drives that are nott nearly up to speed as I am also getting Drop Frames on playback on DV - something I have never seen - cheers
Re: Juddering on camera pans....filters making it worse?
June 20, 2008 04:52AM
Is the footage progressive mate? Or have you inverted the fields?

Try a slight motion blur if its progressive (play with it until it looks right - takes a lot of rendering) and if its the latter try shift fields filter by +1 or -1.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 20, 2008 06:46AM
Hi Ben, I've done all that - it is strange, I've improved by frame off set (what I originally tried) and it has improved. New job, new place, new troubles and why editors are worth their salt. Hows lovely Bristol? Do you ever check H F Whittingstall and the Bristol free holdings?
June 20, 2008 07:19AM
Bristol was lovely yesterday - looking a bit overcast today...

I personally don't like the Kona range - always an issue here or there with settings or lag between monitor output and Canvas - never had an issue with Blackmagic but that doesn't really help you here. Soz

Just make sure you monitor the sound and vision from the card and not the Vision & Audio on separate system outputs.

H F Whittingstall and the Bristol free holdings? I only buy Free-range or at a push the nicer factory ones that have space and aren't force fed, if thats what you mean...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics