OT: i don't get adobe's master collection 3.3 logic...

Posted by wayne granzin 
OT: i don't get adobe's master collection 3.3 logic...
June 23, 2008 12:25AM
i just called adobe to upgrade to the next "master collection" and right now you cant buy ANY version of it.

apparently they have updated [some apps in] the collection to a "3.3" level. but its not been released yet. but in the meantime, you CAN'T buy the existing version 3.2 of the collection either.

so, for the forseeable near future, i was told by the phone sales rep that if you wanted to upgrade any or all of the apps in the collection. you'll have to buy each app individually then return them for a refund once the full collection is released - what a pain in the ass!

what happened to buying the existing version after a specified date then receiving the updates when released?

this is like ford announcing a new transmission and suspension in the 2009 mustang and simultaneously pulling all 2008 models off the lot. slippery simile i know - im just REALLY inconvenienced here and need to vent!
Re: OT: i don't get adobe's master collection 3.3 logic...
June 23, 2008 07:04AM
Ah what that sucks!

I was toying with the idea of upgrading from CS2 Premium... I really loved PS CS3 when I used the beta.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 23, 2008 05:04PM
PS CS3 rocks! Actually all of CS3 rocks.

Over the past year and a half Adobe has really been changing how they conduct business. These changes seem to be mostly marketing and sales related. Adobe used to be really good about upgrade pricing and licensing.

Now they're becoming more like, well Apple.
June 27, 2008 01:38PM
Just got off the phone with Adobe to upgrade my Master Collection. The guy told me they started shipping it two days ago. I ordered the full installer disks, not the download version, so we shall see how soon it is delivered.
July 08, 2008 12:41PM
My CS3.3 Master Collection just arrived so Adobe is shipping it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics