Adding white border on picture inserts?

Posted by Phil UK 
Adding white border on picture inserts?
June 23, 2008 05:49AM
I am adding reaction shots to a presentation using inserts lower right. I was wondering if there is an easy and quick way of adding a white border to the insert??? I created a white shape (layer) and placed the insert over it, a bit time consuming though. Cheers Phil UK
Re: Adding white border on picture inserts?
June 23, 2008 06:55AM
Hey Phil

Video Filters > Border > Basic Border...

tongue sticking out smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 23, 2008 08:11AM
Thanks Ben.
June 23, 2008 10:17AM
Basic Border is obviously the first choice, but it doesn't work if you're using crop tools on the picture-in-picture (eg. FCP's own Crop, Mask Shape etc.). However, if you use Basic 3D, Digital Heaven's DH_Box or Mask Shape to resize the image, you can then copy those filters to a white Color Matte and then adjust the size to slightly larger than the image on top. It'd be faster than repositioning the white shape by hand.

www.derekmok.com
June 23, 2008 11:04AM
if cropping is the issue you can use my Andy's Simple Crop filter if that helps ... lets you have a border that follows the crop

[web.mac.com]
June 23, 2008 12:17PM
Ah thanks Andy was looking for that link and got sidetracked... schweeet!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics