KGCore error message at crash - anyone?

Posted by cdenes 
KGCore error message at crash - anyone?
June 29, 2008 11:22AM
I'm new to Final Cut after years of Avid, and am working on a project from home for the first time on my new Mac Pro. I captured all ftg using DV NTSC 48KHz anamorphic capture preset, which is the native format of the footage.

I'm on OS 10.5.3 and FCP 6.0.4

I have one 2-camera shoot, and while syncing multiclips for this, I got 3 crashes in a row, all with error message that it might be due to the KGCore card. what is this? why is it crashing? I searched the apple support forums and am afraid it is some kind of bug.

I have 6GB RAM so final cut should be able to handle a little 2-camera shoot without trouble, no?

help!

Christy
Re: KGCore error message at crash - anyone?
June 29, 2008 12:29PM

Here's a link on the cow to someone with a similar problem. There's a bunch of links to follow.

It could be a RAM issue or a plug-in conflict.

You should have no problem cutting 2 angle multiclips in DV on a Mac Pro, allowing for a good drive set up which is usually the bottleneck in multiclip cutting.

There ARE some bugs in FCPs multiclip process though. Avoid moving the source files if you can. A search on this forum will give a good background on some of the issues people have had. Nick Meyers, myself and others have dealt with and documented some of our problems over the last couple of years.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
June 29, 2008 03:04PM
Make certain you're not capturing your video and audio to separate media drives. That's a common bugaboo among veteran Avid users coming to FCP. But if you've been in DV on Avid you probably know that.

If it is an issue, go to your System Settings>Scratch Disks pane and uncheck that little "Capture to separate drives" box below the disk list area.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Toggle your Timeline Filters bar with Option T !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
June 29, 2008 04:21PM
check to make sure the Viewer and Canvas windows are set to- Fit to Fill -
button is top of windows left of center -

Also on the Left top of this LAFCP site click on Tutorials button
Scroll to the bottom of the page and find Trouble shooting section --
Do all the mantanice listed there -takes about 20 minutes -

I have no idea what the KG message means --Jay--
July 01, 2008 03:07PM
Thanks everyone. Now I'm still getting mysterious crashes while trying to work with my multicam footage, but it's not talking about KGCore plug in anymore. sigh.

Thanks for the heads up about the maintenance/troubleshooting tutorials. I am going to do them now.

Christy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics