OT train the trainer tips

Posted by paurray 
OT train the trainer tips
June 30, 2008 09:44AM
Hi All

recently had the pleasure of taking the FCP 6 train the trainer course here in europe with 5 others. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

only problem is that we all succed in failing!!!

have read threads with respect to level 1 training

[discussions.apple.com]

[www.lafcpug.org]

and found the following tip from Dom Stevenson

"Anyone who wishes to take the level1 exam should be VERY familiar with Weynands book as it covers everything you're likely to be asked. Those wishing to do the trainer exam need to know more tecky stuff outside of the peachpitt book and be more familiar with the FCS roundtripping process. They also have more questions in the 90 minute window and the graphics covered pages can take time to reload between questions so its much more challenging."

Can any one give me more specific tips with respects to resources? Preferably been there done that people. I have 3 weeks to pass this exam, not three years.

I know the level 1 book inside out and got 94% in the exam last month. So after 7 years FCP experinece I got 81% in the TTT exam and need at last another 4% hot smiley

S.O.S. from europe

paurray
Re: OT train the trainer tips
July 01, 2008 03:04AM
Know the Weynand book cold.
Know all the supplemental white papers regarding all the latest features.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 01, 2008 05:21AM
An extra excelent help is reading the FCP Manual.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
July 01, 2008 07:16AM

An extra excelent help is reading the FCP Manual.

Amen to that bro!

You're a guy Paul!

Take it to the toilet with you and read the FCP manual to pass the time! tongue sticking out smiley

(Hopefully that didn't gross out our female members! Not that you can't do that too of course...)

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 01, 2008 09:59AM
thanks all for you´re response

I will

1) read the FCP Weynard book again
2) then the white papers (skimmed the Pro Res before the exam and it got me 4 points)
3) and finally bite the bullet and read the manuel

guess if I run out of toilet paper I could always......

The area where I lost the most points was weirdly enough editing.

Not quite sure that I know how they define editing? Only got 2/3 of the possible points here?

Strange but true.

cheers

Paulsmileys with beer
July 01, 2008 08:55PM
Hi, Paul

i have done the TTT (or T3) course, too.
my experience was that almost everything in the actual exam is covered during the 3 days.
so if you are on the ball, and very good at taking notes, you will have a head start.

it's very hard to know EVERYTHING,
but the course does help you focus on what you need to know.
so as i said taking notes, and doing a lot of homework during the course should help you get on top of what they will be quizzing you on.

best thing about the courses for me was our trainer Abba Shapiro.
a great guy, and an EXCELENT communicator.

and THAT is really what the T3 course is about:
being able to teach by engaging with people, and comunicating with them.

still there has to be some quantitative element that they can mark you on over the internet,
so you gotta know the tech stuff.

good luck,
nick
July 02, 2008 10:50AM
When i did it i recall there were a number of questions on things like smoothcam, log and transfer, motion templates and multiformat timelines etc. In other words new stuff that don't come up in the first exam or the Weynand book.

Make sure you're on top of that stuff. Ripple do a cheapish download of tutorials on them which i bought and benefited from.

As Nick says, the most important part of teaching anything is being a confident communicator. In my experience, the best teachers have an infectious enthusiasm for their subject matter.

Unfortunately the T3 doesn't give you any exam marks for that.

Good luck.

Dom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics