Option key modifier for Match Frame command

Posted by sb6755 
Option key modifier for Match Frame command
July 04, 2008 04:05PM
I would love to have apple add an OPT + Match Frame command so that when the clip is loaded into the viewer it has only an IN mark at the frame that was matched (instead of the regular match frame which brings the clip in the viewer with an IN and an OUT mark that mimics the IN and the OUT points of the clip in the timeline that I matched from). When using match frame I often need the frame I'm parked on to be selected and marked with an IN. At these times the length of the clip I matched from is completely irrelevant to what I'm doing. In other words it should function just like the Match Frame command in the AVID.
Re: Option key modifier for Match Frame command
July 04, 2008 04:12PM
Hit OPTION-O after you Match Frame. That clears the Out point. Quite honestly, the Avid Match Frame without the Out point drives me insane!

www.derekmok.com
July 04, 2008 04:50PM
Yes, I know how to clear and OUT mark. That still doesn't solve the problem that I then have to mark IN where the position bar is. Too many keystrokes for us editors who rely heavily on the Replace Edit function where the length of a clip in the timeline is irrelevant compared to syncing a specific frame for inserting eleswhere
July 04, 2008 04:54PM
In the replace function neither In nor Out is relevant to the edit.
July 04, 2008 08:09PM
I'd hate to lose the auto in/outs on match frame, because I'm often grabbing sync sound, or adding the same clip again. It's much easier to just choose what I want from the grabbed clip than to have to try to match the in and out of a specific clip I'm matching from.

July 04, 2008 10:20PM
I do not want to lose that capability either as I use it often. That's why I'm asking that Apple design a modifier so that if you use the OPT or any other modifier key in conjunction match frame there could be two "levels" or types of match frames.
July 05, 2008 11:00AM
derekmok Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hit OPTION-O after you Match Frame. That clears
> the Out point. Quite honestly, the Avid Match
> Frame without the Out point drives me insane!

I have to agree here. In Avid you lose your in/outs by using match frame.
Having the IN/Out remain is a great reference to where you have been.
July 05, 2008 10:48PM
a modifier so that..... there could be two "levels" or types of match frames.

the is Option Apple F, which loads the SOURCE FILE into the viewer
this has no in/outs,
but it is also NEW INSTANCE of the clip
and wont be affiliated with the browser version of the clip.

nick
July 05, 2008 11:20PM
I am just realizing now that I did not post my original message where I was supposed to. I had meant the post to appear in the request for new features.

Thanks for the response though. I just like being able to load a matched frame clip into the viewer with the position bar on the frame I'm matching because I rely heavily on the replace edit function and thought it would be a simple change to add an "option" to the match frame function so you could control the result and save some keystrokes. That way the default functioning of the match frame function would not change for all those who do a lot of clip moving, but there could be a fast way to get the functioning I'm used to from my AVID experience. I see it being similar to the modifier that exists with the INSERT and OVERWRITE functions that allows you to edit portions of a sequence into a timeline and be able to decide if you want it to come in nested, or with sequence content visible.
July 06, 2008 05:48PM
I could be misunderstanding you but as Tom mentioned, if you're using Replace edit, then the only thing that matters in the Viewer is the playhead position. No need to clear or set in and out points.

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics