FCP Scrolling

Posted by PG 
PG
FCP Scrolling
July 10, 2008 11:19PM
Is there a simple method to produce a lengthy scroll in FCP? I have the copy written using Microsoft Word for the Mac. I would like to cut and paste if possible.

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks as always.

PG
Re: FCP Scrolling
July 10, 2008 11:42PM
Copy and paste it into Title Crawl. Set the title animation to roll.
July 10, 2008 11:48PM
I'd put that stuff into a Photoshop file. Dealing with very long stretches of text in any of the FCP text tools is a pain.

www.derekmok.com
July 10, 2008 11:57PM
It's certainly a workflow, Derek but you lose 1) any ability to edit and tweak content in situ and 2) ability to easily change duration by simply stretching or compressing the title clip and re-rendering.

Anyway, Title Crawl is not an Apple text tool, it's from Boris!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Cycle your Bin view with Shift - H !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
PG
July 11, 2008 08:45AM
Tom, Derek and Loren,

Thanks for your input.

Tom,

I attempted to cut and paste, however, it would only display one line. When typing directly into the FCP scrolling window I can not judge margins and, therefore, it would take an exceedingly long time to set it up.

There must be a way to setup proper margins in Photoshop or Office Word. Anyone know of a template?

Thanks again
July 11, 2008 09:27AM
You are using Boris Title Crawl, not scrolling text, correct?

You did set it to word wrapping, right?
PG
July 11, 2008 10:36AM
Tom,

No I am using the built-in scroll function in FCP. Don't have Boris Title Crawl.

PG
July 11, 2008 10:52AM
You can set the margins in the second tab of the Boris text layout box. Also on the Controls tab there is a reverse direction check box if you need your titles to roll in the opposite direction.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
July 11, 2008 10:52AM
If you have Final Cut Pro you have Title Crawl. Look in Generators in the Boris subfolder. If it's not there you have a bad installation.
July 11, 2008 11:57AM
Depending on your version of FCP, the Boris effects may not have automatically installed. Look on your install disk for an "Extras" folder, and the Boris installer is in there. Well worth using, Boris beats all of the FCP text tools hands down.

Scott
July 11, 2008 06:57PM
To be complete, the plugin set of Boris Title3D and Title Crawl, and the newer Vector Shape generator plugin, are part of the package known as Boris "Calligraphy."

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Cycle bin views with Shift - H !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics