Multiclip question

Posted by Jeff Nelson 
Multiclip question
July 21, 2008 12:36PM
I use multiclip once a year, which is just enough time to forget everything about it, and to have to re-learn it.

The problem I'm having and can't find the answer to in the book: I think I have it all set up right, but when I play the multiclip and click between angles, I see it's making the cuts and putting markers on the timeline, but when I stop, the markers disappear and no actual cuts have happened on the timeline.

Is there some setting I'm forgetting so that the cuts actually cut in the timeline?? Thanks for any suggestions.
Re: Multiclip question
July 21, 2008 12:49PM
If you are using the numerical keypad to switch the clip views, you would just get a practice marker when pushing that key. You need to use Apple + keypad number to actually make the cut. There is a card that lists all those keystrokes in the package for FCS1.
July 21, 2008 12:54PM
Yes, I'm using the numerical keypad. So I have to hold down Apple at the same time? Isn't there a way to do this where I'm just hitting the # and don't have to hold down anything?

Thanks.
July 21, 2008 01:46PM
Yes you can. Customize the keyboard so that the unmodified keypad buttons are for "cut to angle" as opposed to "switch to angle" as it is now.

That's not a practice marker. It just lets you know that it's switching the entire shot from the last previous edit to the next, which, in the case of one solid clip freshly laid to the timeline, is switching the whole thing and therefore when you hit stop, no edits.
Switching is good for changing a shot in an edited piece and not changing the edit times.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
July 21, 2008 02:08PM
Got it, thanks very much. Always appreciate the swift help here.
July 22, 2008 03:34AM
There are two default keyboard layouts in FCS and one of them is specifically for Multicam. Switch to that and learn the varieties of control.

Or do what I do, just go through a multiclip and slam Command-[keypad]1, Command-[2], Command-[3], etc on the fly. This switches angles and makes the cut-- the markers turn into edits when you stop Play. It's a gas.

You can always Roll-adjust adjust an edit afterward if your timing is off.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Cycle bin views with Shift - H !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics