Installing Leopard - Any Precautions??

Posted by gewel 
Installing Leopard - Any Precautions??
July 22, 2008 07:25PM
About to upgrade my tiger mac pro to leopard
(long story but have to put bootcamp on it among other things that leopard is capable of)

have a few fcp projects that i can't lose or corrupt

anything that must be done so there is a smooth transition?

thanks in advance smiling smiley
Re: Installing Leopard - Any Precautions??
July 23, 2008 12:42AM
A warning if you are using a non US keyboard (probably not your case, though): FCP 6 and FCE 4 running on Leopard are currently "losing" all keyboard shortcuts, unless you use some workaround. This is a problem with many non US users (including myself); this problem seems to appear only after a clean install of Leopard, not after an upgrade from Tiger. It has been already reported to the Apple Feedback months ago...

Piero
July 23, 2008 04:46AM
As a general rule, don't upgrade in the middle of a project. hmm...

You can save keyboard shortcuts in FCP. Not sure if that works for non-US keyboards.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 23, 2008 10:05AM
The best way to upgrade to Leopard is not to. Do a clean install of Leopard onto a formatted disk volume.

Moving from one major version of an OS to another is never good when writing over the old with the new.

Doing it the correct way is a LOT of work but you will only benefit yourself in the long run.
July 23, 2008 11:36AM
thanks for the tips

i have figured as much, just thought there may be an easy way.
projects are more important then an upgrade.

cheers smiling smiley
-geoff
July 23, 2008 11:42AM
...and don't spill orange soda on your keyboard. I never did get my Control Key to pop back up and had to throw it out grinning smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 23, 2008 01:17PM
DOH!
July 23, 2008 01:23PM
About non-US keyboard: saving the keyboard layout works, but it makes sense only if you first fix it with the workaround (close FCP, and in the System Preferences/International/Language set English on the top of the languages stack, and then your language back to the top...); otherwise you save the not working layout...

Piero
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics