Effects not taking effect sad smiley

Posted by ladyrebecca 
Effects not taking effect sad smiley
August 05, 2008 11:31AM
I'm using FCP 5 with Panther and I suddenly find that effects don't work any more. I drag and drop them onto the clips in the timeline and absolutely nothing happens. None of them work and I need to do some major color correcting ASAP.

Everything else works fine and I can continue editing, adjusting audio levels and adding transitions. I'm not getting any error messages.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling FCP 5 but to no avail. I tried dumping preferences. I even tried using Disk Utility to repair/verify permissions. I was referred to a program called Disk Warrior, but it seems to only work on Tiger or Leopard and it costs $100. I'm not yet ready to upgrade to 6 either. There has got to be a solution to this. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance smiling smiley
Re: Effects not taking effect sad smiley
August 05, 2008 11:53AM
Tried trashing prefs yet??

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
August 05, 2008 01:25PM
Lets see if it's your project or your fcp system.

Create a new project with a handy piece of media from another project in it. Try an effect on that.

IF that works, then try a single piece of media from your current problem child project. If that works, it certainly tells you something about the problem project.
August 05, 2008 01:49PM
Human error is the first thing to rule out. Open up one clip from the timeline into the Viewer. Drag the filters in. Now do something radical on the filter parameters in the Viewer. Anything?

www.derekmok.com
August 06, 2008 04:12AM
[I'm using FCP 5 with Panther and I suddenly find that effects don't work any more. I drag and drop them onto the clips in the timeline and absolutely nothing happens.]

Panther!! That's an old cat these days!

Here's what I'm trying to picture--

1) You apply an effect to the Timeline clip?
2) You then double-click to load that clip into Viewer?
3) You then access the filter pane?
4) You then do what Derek suggests and watch for changes in the Canvas?

You may have simply left out a step.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Play from In to Out with Shift - \ (Backslash) !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics