Using UK mac book pro in Canada?

Posted by Phil UK 
Using UK mac book pro in Canada?
August 13, 2008 07:00AM
Not entirely related but this is the only spot where an answer may be found. I am going to Vancouver and want to take a mac boo pro with me for use. It is UK voltage (big three prong plug at 240 volts) - Canada is not quite the same as the US - does anybody know if an adapter can be purchased in Canada for said purpose? In the UK one can only fond US converters. Is it actually a good idea? I don't know, voltage conversion is a stranger to me. Thanks yet again Phil UK
Re: Using UK mac book pro in Canada?
August 13, 2008 07:05AM
Canada electricity is same as USA. Macbook power adapters work internationally. I've used UK macs in Canada and Canada macs in UK. All you need is a plug adapter to change the size and shape of your prongs. You can get a simple cheap adapter (usually available at the airport if you can't find one locally) or fancy Apple ones that plug into your power adapter.

Graeme
August 13, 2008 07:10AM
I just used an adaptor on the 3 pin plug - works fine as the Power Adaptor converts the power from socket to the Mac.

Pick one up in the Airport if you haven't got an Electrical retailler or a Dixons close by...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
August 13, 2008 07:28AM
Thank you gentlemen for you prompt and ever reliable advice and thank you Apple for thinking about such matters. P UK
August 13, 2008 11:28AM
It actually says on the Mac somewhere that it has an input range of 100-240 volts so that tells you no converter is required. Now if you got a hair dryer, that is another matter.

Graeme travels with a special RED Hair Dryer

grinning smiley

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 13, 2008 11:36AM
OOOOooo Mike a Double Entendre at this time of day?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics