OT: Who is attending FCP supermeet?

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
OT: Who is attending FCP supermeet?
September 05, 2008 06:59AM
Will there somebody else beside Mike and the sponsors smiling smiley

Andreas
Re: OT: Who is attending FCP supermeet?
September 05, 2008 07:18AM
I will be at both IBC and the SuperMeet. I'm filming for MacVideo with Rick Young and we will be filming the SuperMeet too.

I'm ordering LAFCPUG T-shirts now - if you want one - what size do you want?

They look like this:

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
bj
September 05, 2008 08:49AM
good looking shirt.
Need XL size.
I would love to buy one.
But I won't be at the supermeet.
Any chance of mailing them out to Canada?
Bj
September 05, 2008 08:56AM
Me, me, me. Maybe Michael can sell them through the LAFCPUG store.
bj
September 05, 2008 09:01AM
Good idea Tom
September 05, 2008 09:13AM
I'll get a few made and Mike might bring some back - alternatively I'll see if there is a good US/Canadian T-Shirt Printing house that we can take orders for then get a load done bringing the cost down!

Anyone know of any?

Maybe I'll set up a poll for sizes and who wants one - will talk to Mikey first

I have also done a few caps...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 05, 2008 11:30AM
All Profits go to the Ben King's school for underprivileged editors.

I just saw this today. Thanks for doing it Ben. I will proudly wear my T on the show floor.

After I get back from AMS I can see about putting Ts and hats in the store. These are coming from UK so I'd imagine shipping to US would be insanely expensive. Then again shipping to the jungle in Panama where Tom is a helicopter flyover parachute drop.

And Andreas. I'm still looking for a tripod for you. If anyone here is going to SuperMeet and can bring a tripod, please do. You will be able to see Andreas's cool 360 degree camcorder.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 05, 2008 12:00PM
Very Cool Ben,

I would love to take an XL T-shirt.

Regards
Andreas

P.S. for Mike.
If you can't find one we will find a way.

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
September 05, 2008 03:51PM
I did baseball jerseys for Avid for NAB a while back:

I offered to design shirts a few times for the LAFCPUG to sell in the store...didn't generate any interest. I'm gonna call you "grafixben" from now on. Everything you touch turns to gold winking smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 05, 2008 04:30PM
With Ben its design them, order them, and THEN tell you they are done and ready to purchase.

Good thing I like his work though.

smiling smiley

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 05, 2008 04:49PM
Mike...smuggle a few shirts back. I'll buy one.

And Joe...make one for LAFCPUG and I'll buy one of those too.

Yeah, I am a forum Geek.

Wish I was going to IBC. But, not this year. Maybe next year.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
September 06, 2008 05:18AM
grafixben... lol

Sorry it was a quick thought to get some LAFCPUG logos at the meet - wouldn't want to turn up with everyone else reprezentin and no LAFCPUG Posse!

We'll definitely have to look into some T-Shirt printers in the US and you will have to design some - if we ran a 1 month order to see how many to get made or an email order with size and design we could do a massive batch order that will make it worthwhile - these were such a low run that they cost a pretty penny. sad smiley

Shame you can't come Shane - will have to drag you and Joey over next year!

September 06, 2008 07:42AM
I'll be there, as well on the IBC floor (although just on sunday)

Are you coming by car?

Bouke
www.videotoolshed.com
September 06, 2008 10:35AM

With Ben its design them, order them, and THEN tell you they are done and ready to purchase.

Yeah...no...I am a designer...not an orderer grinning smiley If someone had some connections somewhere I could work with their Art Department as to what they would need from me in terms of the design (color separations / vector art for embroidery / etc). I just thought it would be cool to do a shirt & cap that wasn't just another screenprinted thing that EVERYONE does...but embroidered / sewn on tackle twill letters.

You want to represent...gotta do it all out in style. I would buy one.

September 06, 2008 11:13AM
Bouke
Are you coming by car?
I this was sent as an answer to my original question - I don't know, it depends on what the weathermen says.

Regards
Andreas
September 06, 2008 11:23AM

embroidered

Now you are talking! Anyone know any good (but affordable) places that do Embroidered Tees, etc, Stateside?

September 06, 2008 11:35AM
Those things are not affordable. They are nice but if you want cheap you got to go with the big boys like Cafe Press who handle all shipping and printing on a order by order basis. Basically you design, open an account, link to a store they create for you and they handle the rest.

[www.cafepress.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 06, 2008 11:45AM
I was thinking polos / baseball shirts.

All embroidered:

Black polo or Black button down baseball jersey

* Breast pocket area (or large - complete across the chest on a baseball jersey) = LAFCP logo /
* Sleeve = LAFCPUG logo (or Apple logo if allowed)
* Back of neck - shoulders = "Trash Your Preferences"

[www.embroiderysuperstore.com]

September 06, 2008 11:56AM
Would be nice. As long as someone else packages and ships and handles orders I am cool with anything. I ain't ordering 100 shirts and bagging them and shipping myself.

drinking smiley

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 06, 2008 12:06PM
Mike,

Weren't you talking about getting an ASSISTANT not long ago?? Why don't you grab an intern out of one of those fancy shmansy schools out in LA? They would totally dig shadowing you / going to local meetings / supermeets / etc. It's a learning experience for sure.

September 06, 2008 12:18PM
And "salespeople"-type name tags on the front.

"Hi! I'm Derek Mok! I'm here to help!"

Maybe attach a "pony" tail to the tail of the shirt. Or Ben's demented pug picture on the back!

www.derekmok.com
September 06, 2008 12:40PM
The thought of managing people makes me barf. Thats my mantra. I prefer to keep Ben in lafcpug slave mode and abuse the hell out of him. Or you Joe. Or Derek. Or Jude. Or .....

You all can do the Ts and hats and donate all money to the Derek Mok School for Scoundrels.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 06, 2008 01:15PM

Maybe attach a "pony" tail to the tail of the shirt. Or Ben's demented pug picture on the back!

Been done...only it was screen printed. I had a t-shirt from the China Club in New York City and the back had a braided ponytail printed on it like 10 inches long.

How about instead of "Mac Genius"...put "FAQ Genius" on the breast pocket? We could get shirts with a big plushy FAQ pony head attached to the middle of the chest that says "Trash Your Preferences" in Jude's voice when you squeeze it.

September 06, 2008 01:17PM
How about instead of "Mac Genius"...put "FAQ Genius" on the breast pocket? We could get shirts with a big plushy FAQ pony head attached to the middle of the chest that says "Trash Your Preferences" in Jude's voice when you squeeze it.

I'd buy that.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 06, 2008 01:37PM
Lol. "LAFCPUG: The T-Shirt edition"

But get that done! I'm buying one of that...

www.strypesinpost.com
September 06, 2008 07:23PM
Mike's too busy drinkin' to get an assistant.

The shirts go in a bubble mailer, Mike...and you charge for them. You won't lose any money. You could probably talk to one of LAFCPUG sponsors & find out if you can get a deal from THEIR shirt people.

Where's the "Lazy" smiley? WAIT...I got one for Mike:

September 06, 2008 08:54PM
Right On Ben
You'll enjoy working with Rick I worked with him at NAB wish I could have made IBC. Maybe next year.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
September 09, 2008 04:41AM
AAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!

If there is one thing I HATE its people who promise you something then fail to deliver!

In my email this morning:

I am not sure if it will be possible now, I was hoping to have done them yesterday and this morning.. I have refunded your card. I apologise for any inconvienence caused.

Janine Chrispin
T/A T-Shirt Printing & More

*SWEAR* *EXPLETIVE* *SPIT* *RANT*

OK all is not lost (maybe the caps) but I can get them run off at another place possibly....

Will try my best to sort them today.

Very unhappy sad smiley

September 09, 2008 09:40AM
That sucks. Find a place in the Dam. We can have them by Friday

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 09, 2008 11:44AM
I'm going round to pick up the Tees (alternative supplier) soon - so barring any other issues I should have 12 tees (but no caps...)

Will take all the stuffs to make more if things go awry and as you say we can Dam them all and get then in Holland...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics