OT: Pink Floyd founder Richard Wright dies

Posted by strypes 
OT: Pink Floyd founder Richard Wright dies
September 16, 2008 12:14AM
Re: OT: Pink Floyd founder Richard Wright dies
September 16, 2008 08:50AM
sad news - I have almost every Pink Floyd song/album and love their music...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 16, 2008 09:14AM
And Rick Wright's solo work was great too! He was awesome on the latest Gilmour concert DVD that I just watched last week. He's going to live on for a long time through his music, but he'll be surely missed.

Graeme
September 16, 2008 09:28AM
Roger Waters gets way too much credit for Pink Floyd (I hate his singing and lyrics). Gilmour, Mason and Wright don't get enough.

www.derekmok.com
September 16, 2008 10:39AM
I have been to almost every Pink Floyd, Roger Waters and David Gilmore concert. Individually all of the members of Pink Floyd are great, together they are amazing.

This is sad in the same way it was when John Lennon died, not only did a gifted musician die but also the hopes of a reunion of the greatest band. It is the end of an era that will never be forgotten.
September 16, 2008 11:08AM
When I was a kid, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" was the tape you would put in your new car stereo to test the speakers. I would open all my windows and cruise past my school blasting it everyday. It got me through High School on a whole different level of consciousness.

RIP

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 16, 2008 11:14AM
I like all their solo work, but yes, they really all shined together. Both in solo and group form, they make music that has enough depth to not just survive, but thrive on repeated listening.

Graeme
September 16, 2008 11:24AM
This pretty much sums up how I feel, watch the video.

[www.spinner.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics