LA Theaters for Screening Indie Movie

Posted by hanguolaohu 
LA Theaters for Screening Indie Movie
September 22, 2008 07:46PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a theater in Los Angeles that will screen my 90 minute movie for an indie rate. Do any of you have experience with this and have recommendations? If there's a special rate for film students I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Alexander
Re: LA Theaters for Screening Indie Movie
September 23, 2008 01:15AM
There is nothing cheap in LA. Period! Should not be that way but it is. You can contact gallery theater where we hold our meetings and drop my name but it still is expensive compared to other cities.

Anisa Hamdan
323-644-6272

Otherwise it is rent a screen and a projector, find a space and do it yourself.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 23, 2008 01:26AM
Thx Michael :-)
September 23, 2008 11:51AM
Yes, a friend of mine did a fundraiser for her documentary-in-progress in a second-floor conference-type room. Not as large as a theatre, but it had a bar and a very comfortable layout, with sitting booths, and it had a screen for the projection. Can't remember what it was called, but it was on Hollywood Blvd. somewhere between Vine and Highland.

www.derekmok.com
September 24, 2008 09:46AM
I think you may be referring to "Cinespace".

Not the greatest screening room in my opinion and expensive too. But good if you need a nice reception area. Also, not a very big screen and poor sight lines. I was at a screening a week ago.

As Michael says, I'm afraid it IS expensive here in LA. And The Gallery is far from the cheapest, although it is a very nice theater and setting.

How many seats do you need?

Harry

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
September 29, 2008 04:03PM
Laemmle Sunset 5 may rent out a theater (4 walling) on Sunday mornings. A while back this was under $400 (90 minutes total time allow) plus projectionist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics