Everything wants rendering.....

Posted by earlybird2005 
Everything wants rendering.....
September 22, 2008 08:05PM
I cant remember changing anything but why when i drag my clips to the timeline from the viewer do they want to be rendered?
My capture and sequence settings are the same.....
I know probably a simple answer but i cant see it....
Thanks in advance for any clues....

Craig
Re: Everything wants rendering.....
September 22, 2008 08:31PM
Generally this means you missed a setting somewhere. Frame size? Frame rate? Field dominance? Audio?

You'll just have to check the clip (APPLE-9) and cross-check the settings with the Sequence (APPLE-0).

www.derekmok.com
September 23, 2008 06:40AM
THAT would be cool on a t-shirt!!!grinning smiley
September 23, 2008 10:42AM
or check them (clip & sequence) against each other in the browser, using your "Stats" column layout.

what's that?
you don't have a stats column layout?
oh, dear...

in the browser hide all columns other than those referring to the technical stats,
save it as "Stats"
that's what i do, anyway, and it comes in useful: you can call it up anytime.

nick
September 23, 2008 11:54AM
Nick Meyers Wrote:

> in the browser hide all columns other than those
> referring to the technical stats,
> save it as "Stats"
> that's what i do, anyway, and it comes in useful:
> you can call it up anytime.

How do you save column layouts? That sounds wonderful, I would use that a lot, but didn't know you could do it. Then how do you "call it up" later? Can you save more than one custom layout?

Or I could read the manual, but I don't have it handy right now. I'm on 5.1.4, does it work there too?

Scott
September 23, 2008 12:17PM
> How do you save column layouts?

CONTROL-click on any column heading for a drop-down menu. "Save Column Layout" to save what you want, or choose one you've already saved to load it. You can go back and forth among as many layouts as you like. Like Nick, I have one for logging (with "Good" mark, Log Notes, Media In/Out, Duration and Reel Name in front), one for syncing dailies (with customized Sync Notes and auxiliary clip names in front), etc. One note, though -- if you change a column heading on one of the changeable ones (eg. "Master Comment"winking smiley and save the layout, those headings don't carry from project to project unless the second project was a "Save as" from the first.

www.derekmok.com
September 23, 2008 12:29PM
That is sweet, thanks Derek. Are these settings saved in Preferences or are they in separate files like screen layouts?

Scott
September 23, 2008 01:28PM
Nope, separate files:

Macintosh HD - Users - [Username] - Library - Preferences - Final Cut Pro User Data
- Button Bars
- Column Layouts
- Keyboard Layouts
- Window Layouts

This means that a) FCP Rescue won't backup or restore these, and b) if you dump your preferences, you actually get to keep these other settings, which is convenient. You can also save your favoured settings to a drive and move them from system to system.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics