Solo Video Track like in After Effects

Posted by digs79 
Solo Video Track like in After Effects
October 07, 2008 12:38AM
Wondering if there is a way to quickly solo a video track like in After Effects. I know that you can turn off individual video layers but i'm cutting a music video and I have 30 layers. It would be cumbersome to turn off 29 layers to find the clip I want. I have the video stacked and cued to the music, I want to quickly audition a video track and figure if I want to use that clip.

Thanks,
Ryan
Re: Solo Video Track like in After Effects
October 07, 2008 12:41AM
Option-click on the green visibility button to turn off all other tracks except that one.
October 07, 2008 12:42AM
You can also solo a clip by selecting it and pressing Control-S, which is probably a better technique.
October 07, 2008 12:43AM
Thanks so much, that was very easy.

Ryan
October 07, 2008 12:50AM
Or, use CONTROL-B (Clip Enable/Disable) to turn any number of items on and off. The advantage is that it's a toggle command, so if you select one clip that's enabled and one clip that's disabled, it will make the first disabled and the second enabled. Combine that with the Single Track Forward Select tool (T) to do a whole track at a time. And remember, these commands respond to Undo (APPLE-Z), so you can go back and forth without losing render files.

www.derekmok.com
October 07, 2008 12:59AM
One last thing it may sound stupid but I pressed control - s and I cant seem to get all the clips back. They have all gone dim and no matter how many times I hit control s again they wont all come back. Is there a command to bring everything back to view?

Ryan
October 07, 2008 10:00AM
Hmm, that shouldn't be. But the Solo command is just a variation of Clip Enable/Disable. So whatever clip is dark, select it and press CONTROL-B. I also think you may have turned off that track while you were trying out different methods, so check the green "Visible" button on the left side to make sure those tracks are actually active.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics