Sony Z7 import from card

Posted by phil_cramer 
Sony Z7 import from card
October 11, 2008 08:01PM
I talked a buddy into getting a Sony Z7. We can Capture from tape via firewire just like with my V1u, but have a problem with getting footage directly from the CF card. I've transferred the files using the Finder but only MPEG Streamclip reads them and converts them. FC rejects them.

Is there a direct way to ingest for FCP?

Latest FCS and OS updates installed.

Thanks!

Phil Cramer
Indianapolis
Re: Sony Z7 import from card
October 12, 2008 06:32PM
Replying to my own post, I found on Sony site (they don't make this easy. Just finding pro gear area is a challenge.) a plug-in for FC that enables import of files from card. Problem solved. Thanks for the bandwidth.

[www.sonybiz.net]

[servicesplus.us.sony.biz]

This software transfers movie files from a HVR-DR60 or CompactFlash card to a folder on the hard disk drive (HDD) of your Mac.

from site:
During this process, it will also merge together any footage that has been divided into two or more .M2T files by the FAT32 specification of the HVR-DR60 and CompactFlash cards. The software also changes file names automatically during transfer to avoid duplication of the same name.
M2T and DVCAM/DV files stored on the HVR-DR60 and the CF card of the Memory Recording Unit can be imported correctly to your Final Cut Pro 6 project by installing the Sony Recording Unit Plug-in software.
This software allows the video and audio stored on these devices to be transferred into Final Cut Pro using the Log and Transfer feature.
Please ensure that your version of Final Cut Pro is upgraded to 6.0.2 or higher before installing this plug-in software.
After downloading the installer file, double-click it. The installer will be mounted on your Mac. Then launch it and follow the instructions showed on the screen.
For detailed operating instructions of Final Cut Pro 6 and its Log and Transfer window, please ask your local Apple reseller or refer to the ?Using the Log and Transfer Window? section of the HD and Broadcast Formats document. This document is available under Final Cut Pro's Help menu.

Phil Cramer
Indianapolis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics