Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11

Posted by hanguolaohu 
Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11
November 03, 2008 03:38PM
My apologies as I know this is an FCP forum, but I figured some might have experience with these cameras, and also I'm curious of each cameras' AVCHD integration with FCP.

I'm debating between the Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11. The use would be for recreation and as a B camera. I love my DVX-100 and was so excited about the HDC-SD100 because it has a small form factor, can record to SD cards in 24p, and has an audio input jack. I cannot count the number of times I wish I had a small 24p camera that I could take with me when it wasn't convenient to take my DVX. I really feel this is the wave of the future.

I like Canon's still camera line, but I still have a slight distaste of their camcorders cause of the XL1, which had beautiful image quality but IMHO crappy handling and interface. Camcorderinfo.com reviewed both cameras and leans on the HF11 because of the better image quality. I'm going to a store to checkout both cameras, but any opinions/insights would be most appreciated!

Best,
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics