How to close several opened sequences?

Posted by xavpil 
How to close several opened sequences?
November 12, 2008 12:49PM
I just hate having to close sequences one at a time and I swear I knew of a short cut to close them all at the same time but I can't remember it...
Any one knows?
Re: How to close several opened sequences?
November 12, 2008 12:58PM
I don't know about one key to do them all at once, but you can just hop up and down on control-W until they magically disappear ooooOOOOoooo.

November 12, 2008 01:01PM
i run across this problem nearly daily. i do tv spots and i may be pulling clips from 20 or more sequences at a time. i WISH there was a way to play a sequence without opening it...
November 12, 2008 01:18PM
I know there's key combination.
I too have end up with 10 sequences opened.
You might know about it, but there's a keyboard shortcut to navigate from one seq to the other one without having to click on the tab.
November 12, 2008 01:22PM
> i do tv spots and i may be pulling clips from 20 or more sequences at a time. i WISH there was a
> way to play a sequence without opening it...

You could drag the sequence into the Viewer. You can play it without opening it there.

As for multiple sequences, you could try ripping the actual editing sequence tab out of the main Timeline Window. That leaves all your "selects" sequences in the main Timeline window while the editing sequence can be somewhere else, or underneath. So you can use APPLE-W to close all the other sequences at once (and re-open them by double-clicking one of them in the Browser), but the editing sequence will stay open because it no longer belongs in that group.

www.derekmok.com
November 12, 2008 01:29PM
Or you could just close your canvas window and then re-open the sequence you want.
November 12, 2008 02:17PM
What Tim said, closing the Canvas window closes every open sequence you have. It's a beautiful thing...
November 12, 2008 02:59PM
Yup...click on the Canvas & hit Command/W

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 12, 2008 03:31PM
duh! were it a snake, i'd be bitten
November 13, 2008 05:24PM
Closing the canvas window works for me.
Thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics