RAM issue

Posted by alquimista 
RAM issue
November 30, 2008 10:50PM
Hi there...
I'm using After Effects 6.0 with a MB Pro, 17" 2.5 ...
I had 4 Gigs of Ram installed, but when I'm in After Effects it shows only 2 (any ideas?) ... Also, for some reason I crash continually in AE when rendering (using Tinderbox Aged Film), very frustrating. Does anyone know how to set the Ram in After Effects, I can't find it...
Please..
Luna
Re: RAM issue
December 01, 2008 01:24AM
If I recall AE 6 can only see 2 or 3 GBs of Ram in OSX. Not sure about CS4. Might be a hack for it, but I think 2 is all you get. This topic seems to come up all the time. I'm sure a google search will answer your problem.

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 01, 2008 11:26AM
AE sees 3 Gigs RAM in Leopard 10.5.5. You can set your Memory & Cache settings in the prefs to control the amount. My settings are 90% / 60%.

Now there is a rumor (heard it from an Adobe Evangelist that said he would deny it if I mentioned it to anyone) that CS4 and Snow Leopard (upcoming Apple 64-Bit OS) will be able to access ALL installed RAM. That is pretty exciting.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 01, 2008 01:28PM
THe reason why you can't use all that RAM, is because most softwares are written for a 32 bit architecture. Transitions are tricky things as machines and softwares are being updated (most require rewriting). FCP reads only 2.5 gigs, according to Apple.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics