OT: Movie Website Mailing List

Posted by hanguolaohu 
OT: Movie Website Mailing List
December 04, 2008 02:58AM
I have a website for my movie in which I want to create a "Subscribe to Mailing List" option which adds e-mail addresses to a database. I'm trying to figure out a solution for that feature and maintain my database. I also want to include an "unsubscribe" link on the mass e-mails that I send out. I realize there are monthly paid e-solutions like Constant Contact, but I was wondering if I could use Address Book, Mail, and some other Mac software to accomplish this goal. I'm also considering making another project's website using Rapidweaver 4. Any info would be much appreciated!

Best,
Alexander
Macbook Pro 2.6ghz
OS 10.5.5
Re: OT Movie Website Mailing List
December 04, 2008 04:16AM
I've heard good things about Campaign Monitor.

(Also, just to keep things tidy, I'm marking this thread "off-topic," since it's not exactly about Final Cut.)

Re: OT: Movie Website Mailing List
December 04, 2008 04:12PM
what are you using to build the site?

there are embedded forms out there that you can use to collect the mailing list.

[lists.freebsd.org]

i.e. worse case

Create an email address specifically for the mailing list. watchers@yourdomain.com and watchersLIST@yourdomain.com

you may not need 2 mail boxes as the form i am referencing seems to allow you to set the subject.

Most hosting services have it so you can create a default subject line on fowarding. Have the watchers mailbox forward to the watchersLIST box.

Create a specific mailbox for your subscribers. a few years ago i used the thunderbird email client to completely separate my user list.

when they fill out the form it will send you an email. cmd-Y the email and add it to a custom group in your address book. (create a group)

its a bit more manual labor than some of the 49. - 99. dollar programs but it works.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: OT: Movie Website Mailing List
December 04, 2008 08:28PM
Thanks J. Corbett! Awesome info!

Best,
Alexander
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics