Mount Point?

Posted by Dale Kutzera 
Mount Point?
December 10, 2008 07:15PM
Here's a quirk I need a cure for. My main drive was partitioned: a big one for apps and system; a smaller one for parallels and win apps. For some reason the big partition stopped mounting on the desktop. It's greyed out in disk utilities. Computer works fine, apps show up in the applications part of finder, but not on the left side. Not a problem until I downloaded a plugin and the application won't recognize it. I think it's because of this non-mounted partition. Any ideas on how to get it mounted and active?

Thanks
DK
Re: Mount Point?
December 11, 2008 12:17AM
You can try turning off computer and disconnecting all external drives. Unplug the computer. Wait 10 minutes. Plug it back in and boot up. If that doesnt work then boot up with your OS install CD and run disk utility from that. If that doesnt work, then go get Disk Warrior and run that.

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 11, 2008 09:59AM
I think I have found a great work-around: use a different computer. The plugin is recognized just fine on my laptop.

DK
December 11, 2008 12:37PM
A plug-in shouldn't bring your whole drive down. Something is not right here

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 11, 2008 12:40PM
Yeah, Dale...what you've got isn't a workaround. Unless you're saying that your drive partition is back after dumping the plugin.

www.derekmok.com
December 11, 2008 02:11PM
Yes, mea culpa. The good folks at Apple suspect the Parallels partition might be the culprit. That Parallels somehow things the main partition is a...what do you call it...remote drive or server? I have trashed all the stuff in that smaller partition, deleted that partition so now there is only one, but the big partition is still not mounting. It's not to the left of the finder window and in disc utilities it gives a mount point of "/". So I'll try to other tactics mentioned here. Thanks again.

DK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics