HDV and FCP

Posted by relggid 
HDV and FCP
December 13, 2008 02:56AM
I'm using Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 and Quicktime 7.5.5 and I'm completely frustrated.

I was just given quicktime files in HDV format which both Quicktime and Final Cut have no problem opening but then they just show a white screen (in Quicktime) or says "Codec not found..." (Final Cut Pro).

The files in question are: HDV, 1080p24, 1440x1080, millions, 24 fps.

Where can I find a proper codec to install for my version of Final Cut Pro?

I also have sequential .PNG files of the same videos but have nothing (that I know of) to combine them into a usable video file for Final Cut Pro.

Thanks,
R.
Re: HDV and FCP
December 13, 2008 12:51PM
The codec should have installed with FCP 5.x. You may need to go back to the install disks and look for them. (Off the top of my noggin on a Saturday mornin', I couldn't hazard a guess as to where. Someone may chime in with a location if they know it.)

You can open an image sequence in QuickTime Pro and save it a s a movie file. Open Image Sequence is in the File menu.

deb
December 14, 2008 04:49PM
Pretty sure you need 5.1 or higher.

--
Eric Harnden
Quintessential Studios
---------------------------------
[wordpress.quintessentialstudios.net]
[twitter.com]
December 14, 2008 10:10PM
Not according to this Apple Support doc:

[support.apple.com]

It basically says HDV support came in with FCP 5.0 proper.

deb
December 14, 2008 10:23PM
The problem is the QT version. QuickTime 7.3 or later do not support versions of FCP prior to 5.1. You did not say what OS is being used, but recent versions, 10.4.11 or later, cannot use earlier versions of QuickTime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics