upgrading to fcp6 from fcp5

Posted by Bret Latter 
upgrading to fcp6 from fcp5
December 23, 2008 12:08AM
I looked in the FAQ and didn't find the answer I was looking for. If I missed it please direct me in the correct location.

I am up grading to FCStudio 2 from 1. I was just trying to find some tips on the best way to do it so I don't run into mis-install issuies. I'm on a macbook pro-- intel version.

thanks,
bret
Re: upgrading to fcp6 from fcp5
December 23, 2008 03:21AM
[www.larryjordan.biz]

Last few times i went up a studio version, it was always a fresh up reinstallation- back up/clone drives, clean reinstallation of the OS, update OS, update QT, install FCS, update FCS.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 23, 2008 05:45AM
I'm kind of a nerd about it: I do that every time I install a software update. I have a 750 GB disk in my system that's partitioned in quarters, and I just rotate through those partitions when new updates come out.

In fact, I'm going to be doing one today to install 10.5.6 and CS4, I think.

December 23, 2008 05:58AM
>I have a 750 GB disk in my system that's partitioned in quarters

Sounds like farming... Crop rotation... winking smiley

www.strypesinpost.com
December 23, 2008 06:00AM
Aye, English, ye must rotate your partitions seasonally lest the bits begin to rot.

So mote it be.

December 23, 2008 10:32AM
Fresh install, with fresh OS. How exciting. I was hoping to hear everyone using an easier method with great results, but o well.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be busy for the next few days.
December 23, 2008 11:35AM
>Aye, English, ye must rotate your partitions seasonally lest the bits begin to rot.

This gives "directory corruption" a new meaning... As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Back to work, boys!

www.strypesinpost.com
December 23, 2008 11:37AM
It's not that bad, actually, if you do a little prep work in advance. I've converted all my DVDs for Final Cut Studio and the CS3 and CS4 stuff to disk images, and stored them on another drive. Installing from disk images is tons faster than installing from DVD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics