The joys of XDCAM EX....

Posted by FindonChrispy 
The joys of XDCAM EX....
January 05, 2009 11:02AM
Righto here goes....

Our office has taken in some work from another director which is all shot using the sony ex1 and shot in xdcam.

The director brought round a hard drive with the project data on and we installed the sony software required, from sony's website (final cut pro/XDCAM transfer v.2..8.0) but were unable to view the footage as it was all offline.
Upon trying to reconnect media the following pathway was listed:

"RAID ARRAY:users:directorsname:movies:idents"

Am i right in assuming that the media fcp was searching for was located on the directors computer and not on the hard drive with all the other media and project files?

secondly, if i am receiving the media after being ingested and made ready for fcp do i need to install the sxs driver?

hope this post makes sense, thanks for any adivce.....

oh and i'm using os 10.5.5 qt 7.5.5 and fcp 6.05..
Re: The joys of XDCAM EX....
January 05, 2009 11:26AM

Am i right in assuming that the media fcp was searching for was located on the directors computer and not on the hard drive with all the other media and project files?

Yup...it's in his "Home" directory.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 05, 2009 12:00PM
Try the Log and Transfer Plug In rather than XDCAM transfer. Works a charm for me.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
January 05, 2009 08:27PM
Just so you know, the FCP plug-in IS the XDCAM Transfer software. Apple just gave you place inside of FCP to invoke it.
January 06, 2009 11:56AM
Thanks guys all sorted!
January 07, 2009 10:12AM
Not necessarily so Chuck ...

There's PDZK-LT1, which is Sony's Log and Transfer plug in that allows use of FCP's own Log and Transfer interface to select and import (rewrap) XDCAM EX clips
And then there's PDZK-P1, which is Sony's XDCAM Transfer app (and includes an FCP Import plugin to invokes that app) which allows you to select and import (rewrap) any XDCAM clips (not just XDCAM EX).

Hope it helps
Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics