Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 6

Posted by keeganxt 
Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 6
January 08, 2009 06:15PM
Hi,

I'm running a new iMac 3.06GHz with 4Gb Ram and Final Cut Studio 2.

I'm trying to insert some basic text as a place holder for down the line. I click the "a" in the viewer and go down to text>text. The text tool loads into the viewer and the viewer window reads "sample text" as usual. Now I can drag that "sample text" file into the timeline fine, but when i go to edit it via the control tab, I click on the tab and then the beach ball of death pops up and FCP 6 quits unexpectedly. I tried this numerous times and trying to getting to the text edit differently but it still quits. I know i can use boris but i want to know what the deal is with this. it's the fastest way to get dummy text on the screen as i know how. Help is appreciated.
Re: Text Tool Control Tab crashes FCP 6
January 09, 2009 05:25AM
Trash Your Preferences

The very cool all singing all dancing Preference Manager app from Digital Rebellion makes this a breeze
[www.digitalrebellion.com]
March 21, 2009 12:36AM
I have trashed my prefs and also today deleted (using the FCPremover tool) FCP and the issue is still present.
March 21, 2009 01:16AM
Ok, did the last thing I could think of. Reinstalled the libary/fonts and system/library/fonts and that fixed it. Apparently some were missing that were vital to FCP's text tool. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics