P2 Card not showing up in finder

Posted by shiftb 
P2 Card not showing up in finder
January 16, 2009 04:24PM
My apologies if this topic has been covered before, I searched the archives and couldn't find anything that answered my problem. I have a non-intel macbook pro running OSX 10.5.4 and FCP 5.1.4 I'm trying to ingest P2 footage which I've never done on this laptop before. It has the smaller express slot so I rented an express slot/PCMCIA card adapter. I downloaded what I think is the correct driver from the panasonic site (https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/pcdriver_e.htm), and reset my computer yet the card is still not showing up in finder or P2CMS or FCP. Up at the top of my computer screen next to the date/time I can see the P2 card icon, when I click on that "Panasonic P2 Card" is grayed-out and the only option it gives me is "power off card". So apparently it knows that the card is there but I must be missing the appropriate driver. It is a 16GB card.

Is there some other installation I need to do? I need to shoot on these cards tomorrow so it is absolutely necessary that I ingest the footage asap. Thanks again for any help
Re: P2 Card not showing up in finder
January 16, 2009 05:08PM
to my knowledge, not just any express to pcmcia adapter will work. you need the "duel" branded adapter to use P2 cards
January 16, 2009 05:26PM
Yup...if it isn't the Duel Adapter, then it won't work at all.

And if you are running Leopard, and it IS the Duel, do NOT install the Dual software, only the P2 card drivers.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 16, 2009 05:53PM
youre gonna have to put the card in the camera and connect the camera to your computer via usb/firewire
January 16, 2009 06:34PM
This will tell you how.

[www.kenstone.net]

--ken
January 16, 2009 07:00PM
Thanks for the help, I'll definitely do it via firewire. The adapter I have is an addonics Expresscard Cardbus Adapter. I'm kinda surprised it won't work, the place I rented from told me that was what it was for, and I can't see any other use for it. Does it only work with PC's or something?

Anyway, thanks for the help

Ty
January 16, 2009 07:06PM
BTW, if you have a Macbook Pro with an express card slot, it IS an Intel.

Sorry, being nitpicky.

JK

January 16, 2009 08:58PM
Shane Ross Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yup...if it isn't the Duel Adapter, then it won't
> work at all.

According to the Addonics Expresscard Cardbus Adapter page:
[www.addonics.com]

it should work. I think you just need the right drivers.

Like John K pointed out, knowing what computer you actually have will help in the process.

--
Eric Harnden
Quintessential Studios
---------------------------------
[wordpress.quintessentialstudios.net]
[twitter.com]
January 16, 2009 09:07PM
Correction: fine print: "Under Mac OS X, Panasonic P2 cards are currently not supported with this adapter."

--
Eric Harnden
Quintessential Studios
---------------------------------
[wordpress.quintessentialstudios.net]
[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics