workflow with multiple formats - prores 422 & dvcpro hd

Posted by rjoe11 
workflow with multiple formats - prores 422 & dvcpro hd
January 22, 2009 03:38PM
i'm working on a project that has multiple video formats. I've got footage that are Apple Prores 422(HQ), some are DVCPRO HD 1080p30 and some DVCPRO HD 720p60....and a mix frame rates of 23.98 and 29.97.

What settings should my timeline be set to? (frame size, compressor, frame rate, pixel aspect ration, etc.)

My final output will be for broadcast HD. Any suggestions for the best workflow?

thanks!
Re: workflow with multiple formats - prores 422 & dvcpro hd
January 22, 2009 03:58PM
Well it depends what your final output format is and how much of each format you have. Generally I'd pick the format you have the most of and conform everything else to that first using ProRes HQ then then start editing. You can muscle it on an open format timeline as well and then media manage to the output format.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Re: workflow with multiple formats - prores 422 & dvcpro hd
January 22, 2009 04:20PM
thanks for the input.......quick follow-up question, so is it always best to work on a "prores 422 hq" timeline than the "DVCPRO HD" timeline? is prores better quality in the end?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics