OT: Superbowl Commercial discussion...

Posted by grafixjoe 
Re: OT: Superbowl Commercial discussion...
February 02, 2009 08:24PM
And I'm voting for him on the *inside* chuck winking smiley

February 02, 2009 08:47PM
There are methods for us Canadians and Australians and others who might want to look at Hulu, MTV and other Geoblocked sites. One is a simple menu bar doodad that provides the blocking site with a suitable IP to allow access. It slows down your connection somewhat and sometimes needs to be restarted from within Safari but it's good enough to look at blocked content when you have to have to have to have it. I use it on the Swiss Army Knife that my laptop has become. Great for one upping the maladjusted goofball in IT who says it can't be done after a day of sweating through network notes. That does the body good.
Anyone wants the pointer to the doodad, I can, with Mike Hortons thumbs up, post it, or send it via PM.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
February 02, 2009 08:50PM
Probably not a good idea to post anything on a public forum. I assume a google search would bring up this?

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 02, 2009 10:14PM
Ummmm...sounds like Andrew's gettin' bizz-ay in da hizz-ay. Sounds illegal dood.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 02, 2009 10:50PM
I've got my bed making materials all in a pile. Should I choose to lie in the completed bed, I know who made the bed....me. The utility is out there, is funded by advertising and as Mike has seen, it's an easy find, not hidden away in some dark corner.
Right now the US is the one place that is
a) producing culturally leading formats on the web
b) blocking the rest of the world from seeing them

I'm not sure that Geoblocking is in the same category as DRM on files but it has the same effect.

Unlike other countries that are blocking their citizens from seeing stuff from other countries as a method of political control.
Oops, got to go put the bed together, I have some lying in to do...

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
February 02, 2009 11:00PM
>>Unlike other countries that are blocking their citizens from seeing stuff from other countries as a method of political control. <<

AKA 'we're just protecting the children' here in Australia...

February 02, 2009 11:10PM
I guess this border on the political, I certainly don't want this thread closed, I JUST WANT EVERYONE ON LAFCPUG TO VOTE FOR MY NEPHEW!

Now that I've screamed that, I think Geoblocking and copyright infringement are two radically different things. And I doubt that if an Australian or Canadian citizen figures out a way around Geoblocking that they have committed any crime.

The difference is that Hulu, in this case is simply choosing to not send it to other countries to view for whatever reason they choose. I kind of agree with Tom "If you don't want your content available to everyone on the Internet, it shouldn't be on the Internet."

Hey Jude, I'm Australian, so that makes my nephew partly Australian [I guess] so you have my permission to do whatever it takes to view this.

Here don't tell anyone --

but its all over the web despite geoblocking. Funny how that works : )
February 03, 2009 05:28PM
wow...
it's really quiet in here today.
kind of like a sunday, but more so.
that superbowl must wipe a lot of people out!

nick
February 03, 2009 05:48PM
Been quiet for a week or so. Kind of weird.

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 03, 2009 06:06PM
Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh.....!

February 03, 2009 07:39PM
Another spot I saw today I remembered from the SB...careerbuilder.com. My favorite of this year:

[www.youtube.com]

5 thumbnails across - 4 thumbnails down.

February 04, 2009 09:43AM
How can you guys be sittin' here discussing nonsense like Super Bowl Commercials!

Is no one concerned about Jack!!!

Steven Gladney

Sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain view.
February 04, 2009 11:10AM
Didn't see that one. Maybe I did but don't remember cause it's not particularly funny spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

February 04, 2009 03:25PM
Jacks history, get over it. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics