saving a file , file does not exist

Posted by blmiller 
saving a file , file does not exist
February 03, 2009 03:02PM
Have a classroom with 24 workstations, sometimes when a student saves a file, says file does not exist. Same thing when I try save as. Problem is intermittent?
Any help Thanks
Re: saving a file , file does not exist
February 03, 2009 03:12PM
Where are you saving to? a shared server?

Try saving to your local machine first, i.e. desktop, and then moving that file to the server. It sounds like a permissions issue. FCP creates permissions in a different manner than Finder does and often creates problems. Going to your local machine and then replacing in Finder can eliminate those
February 03, 2009 03:13PM
are your workstations linked in some way?

when i worked on a show with 4-7 systems attached to an X-Serve Raid, we would get this.
if any of the systems crashed, the remaining systems couldn't save their FCP projects to the X-Serve.

solution was to save to the desktop,
then copy that project file back to the X-Serve, where the project files were living

quit FCP, and when you open it again, all should work fine. (or did we have to shut down and re-boot? sorry, cant remember)

nick
February 03, 2009 03:15PM
Personally I'd recommend always saving your project file to a local drive. Preferably you should also keep media there. Eliminates a lot of problems.

www.derekmok.com
February 03, 2009 04:34PM
Thanks,
Scott, Nick, Derekmok. I will try theses recommendations.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics