Kona Card & View all frames

Posted by FB999 
Kona Card & View all frames
February 21, 2009 01:39AM
FCP 6.05 is not able to read my Kona card - in the Audio/Video settings window in the video playback I ger [Missing] AJA Kona 525i29.97 8 bit(720x486)

My control panel reads that there is video coming from the source but FCP unable to read.

Also, I am unable to get View all frames to lock in - I cannot override external video.

I am thinking of reinstalling FCP but do not think that is the problem.

has anyone seen this before?

Thanks &

All the best

FB

FB
Re: Kona Card & View all frames
February 21, 2009 01:53AM
what happened before the card could not be detected? Did you do any upgrades? Are the Kona drivers properly installed?

www.strypesinpost.com
February 21, 2009 04:52AM
I have the issue of my kona card going offline after my machine has been switched off over night. This only started to happen after i installed a new hard drive with leopard and fsc2 on it. It even does it on the old HD, even after re-installing the right drivers it continues.

The only way to wake it up i have found is to switch off the machine and pull the power cable out the back for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power up again. Works fine after that.

Am wondering though if its a problem with my logic board?
February 21, 2009 12:29PM
Have you tried calling Kona support with this issue? Just a guess, but it sounds more like a Kona problem than something with your computer.

You might also want to try reseating the board. Perhaps it has worked lose a bit.

-Vance
February 21, 2009 06:43PM
Thanks for your suggestion but I have exhausted AJA tech support and everything is OK - the control panel sees the video - FCP does not read the card says card is missing but what is really baffling is that I cannot get "view all frames" to engage. What's up with that? Could I have corrupted FCP and need to reinstall?

All the best

FB
February 21, 2009 07:00PM
Sounds like a logic board problem that I had with one of my G5 1.8 tower.

Good luck

FB
February 21, 2009 07:20PM
I'd doubt a logic board problem. Everything would be wacked. Might want to reinstall FCP just for the heck of it. Not a big deal

FCS Remover from Digital Rebellion makes it real easy

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 22, 2009 09:52AM
No...not a logic board problem...sounds like a corrupt Kona software installation. I would uninstall the Kona Control Panel / software and install the most current version. You didn't list what Kona card you are using or I would guide you directly to the download. You should be on version 6.0.2.:

KONA 3

KONA LHe

Reinstall the latest software and trash FCP Prefs. Trashing FCP Preferences will also clear up stickyness with the Kona card.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 22, 2009 11:27AM
I have done all that 2x, that is uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers - it is definitely not the Kona LH Card it is an FCP issue as I cannot get "view all frames " to turn on

thanks
February 22, 2009 12:46PM
At least you told us it's a Kona LH. Sometimes you have to go over everything 3 times or more to figure something out.

Did you trash the FCP prefs / plist? Did you "refresh A/V Devices" (menu bar/View/Refresh A/V Devices)?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics