AVCCAM easy set up settings

Posted by videotape 
AVCCAM easy set up settings
February 24, 2009 12:39AM
what do I select for the set up for the panasonic avccam ?
Re: AVCCAM easy set up settings
February 24, 2009 12:57AM
Until the next major upgrade FCS 3 you have the option of transcoding to either DVC Pro HD or Apple Pro Res 422. Which option you opt for will depend on whether you are using a Raid or not.

Dave
April 03, 2011 05:46PM
Help! I just shot with my Panasonic AG AF100 for the first time, and now I have no idea how to get the footage into FCP. I'm using the latest version of FCP. Ideas? I'm sure there's some sort of translation software I have to install on my Mac, right?

Thanks,

Chip
April 03, 2011 05:56PM
I've never used AVCCam, but it's supposed to be very close to AVCHD, so chances are Panasonic has some kind of plugin to allow FCP Log and Transfer to convert the files.

Before you do anything else, always copy everything on the memory card to a drive, back it up, then back it up again (two backup copies, one active) before you do anything with the files.

Google is your friend:

[www.google.com]

Looks like Panasonic has an "AVCCam to P2 DVCPro HD Transcoder":

[eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp]

Two things:

1. When you have a question, don't post a follow-up to an old thread. Start a new one. This thread is two years old and it would've been very easy to miss.

2. Next time you buy a new camera, do some research! Compatibility with your editing system, the format it shoots, the equipment necessary to get the footage off and edit, etc.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics