HVR-MRC1 Transfer Problems

Posted by cadboll 
HVR-MRC1 Transfer Problems
March 11, 2009 03:23PM
Hi all. I'm based in the UK. I have recently purchased a SONY HVR-Z5E camera and after recording some footage I have tried to transfer it into FCP. I purchased the HVR-MRC1 and have recorded all the footage to CF card only. After connecting it via iLINK to my Mac, and going to 'Log and Transfer' in FCP, I have been unable to capture the files.

The drive is mounted on the desktop and I can see the files but when I go to the 'Log and Transfer' window in FCP, the files, although visible, are greyed out. I have done some research and found that a plug-in needed to be installed from Sony. I have FCP version 6.0.5. I installed the plug-in but still no success.

If possible, could you advise what I may be doing wrong/what else I should try? Many thanks.
Re: HVR-MRC1 Transfer Problems
March 11, 2009 08:31PM
Are you sure you didn't use "Log and Capture"? That won't work.

With Sony plugin installed, you use Log and Transfer INSTEAD of Log and Capture. You can ignore the mounted drive in Finder. Did you install the plug-in in the right place?

Log and Transfer should not have been an option before you installed Sony plug-in.

Hope this is of some help.

Phil Cramer
Indianapolis
Re: HVR-MRC1 Transfer Problems
March 12, 2009 04:57AM
Hi.

Thankfully I had used the Log and Transfer option but it didn't seem to recognise the files. After doing some more research I discovered that part of the problem may be the order in which you do things, i.e. turn on the HVR-MRC1, load up FCP. Unfortunately I didn't keep the web address - but if I find it again, I'll post it here.

I finally got it working last night. Not quite sure how, but it copied the files over very quickly. Thanks again for your help and advice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics