Hello,

When I want to do a voice over I connect a Mbox2 mini (Digidesign) and use
the voice over tool in FCP.

The person who reads the voice over text listens with headphones connected
directly to the Mbox2. This means that he listens to his own voice but can
not here the rest of the Sequens.

In news were you alters voice over with interviews all the time this
becomes a problem. Sometimes the reporter wants to listen to the
interviews just before and after the voice over when he reads the text.

Is there a better way to do this, a solution?

Thanks
Re: voice over
March 26, 2009 08:07AM
Goran
I haven't worked with the Mbox, but certainly with other boxes you are able to mix in the PC (Mac) audio together with the mic input. If you can't do that with the Mbox then you might want to consider simply feeding the Mac audio to the reporters headphones instead of their own voice.
Hope it helps
Andy
March 26, 2009 08:43AM
> This means that he listens to his own voice but cannot hear the rest of the Sequence.

That shouldn't be. The basis of multi-track recording is that you should be able to hear the input signal at the same time as the playback.

If all else fails, you can at least switch off the monitors/speakers on the computer during recording so that only the MBox's headphone output is audible.

www.derekmok.com
March 26, 2009 03:34PM
If anyone could help me to make it possible to mix in the Mac audio together with the mic input with a Mbox it would be great!?

If not, does anyone know of a box that makes it possible to mix in the PC(Mac) audio together with the mic input?
March 26, 2009 10:16PM
Hi Goran
To listen to just the source input signal only, turn the Mix knob fully left to Input. To listen to the FCP playback only, turn the knob fully right to Playback. You want to be able to hear both so turn the knob to a the halfway point between Input and Playback and then tweak to taste.
Andy
March 27, 2009 08:08AM
Thank you for trying to help me, Andy!

When I turn the mix knob fully right there is no sound at all.

I called the store who sold the mbox2 to me. They said that I had to change a menu setting in either the Macbookpro or in the FCP.

I want to have the possibility to listen to the playback in the FCP so I guess that the menu setting is to be changed in FCP.

Is it something with the soundcard?

Does anyone have a clue.
March 27, 2009 08:24AM
I guess you'll want to set the View > Audio Playback setting to the Mbox2 ... is that an option?
March 30, 2009 04:17PM
Thanks, It works! Thats great!
April 07, 2009 01:52PM
Hello again!

Now when I have been working with the voice over tool.

When I edit newsreports I have the interwievs and the voice over panned to the left and the sound recorded on the camcorders microphone panned to the right if the newsreports are in mono.

But when I record the voice over panned to the left with the Mbox2 the voice over also is recorded to the right. proabably because I can listen to the playback at the same time as a do the voice over recording.

What can I do about this? Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics