Audio mixing on the fly

Posted by xavpil 
Audio mixing on the fly
March 27, 2009 01:23PM
I know it is possible to mix an audio track on the fly using a key combination which adds keyframes
But I can't remember how to do it?!
Re: Audio mixing on the fly
March 27, 2009 02:31PM
Open the audio mixer. Turn on Record keyframes Cmd-Opt-K I think, button in the upper right corner of the mixer.
March 27, 2009 04:16PM
Xavier...Press COMMAND-[ to go up 3db, and COMMAND-] to go up 3db. COMMAND - (minus) goes down 1db, and COMMAND + goes up 1db.

I use this all the time.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 27, 2009 04:54PM
> Press COMMAND-[ to go up 3db, and COMMAND-] to go up 3db. COMMAND - (minus) goes down
> 1db, and COMMAND + goes up 1db.

I prefer OPTION-APPLE-L, then a positive number to increase levels, negative number to decrease. APPLE-[] is too imprecise for me because it's hard to see whether it's taken effect or not. Also, OPTION-APPLE-L allows you to add/subtract any number you please, to any number of clips at once.

Neither Shane's nor my answer addresses your issue directly -- Tom's does -- but they're useful commands to have in your pocket. I haven't used any significant number of audio keyframes for a long time, because they're just too much trouble to deal with. (Overhaul time)

www.derekmok.com
March 27, 2009 05:14PM
Or you can get that mixer you saw on my desk, the TASCAM FW1082. Those sliders interact with FCP and you can adjust on the fly. Either keyframing or adjusting the global volume of the clip.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 27, 2009 05:40PM
The 1082 gives you four channels of balanced mic-level input, two channels of line-level balanced output and a control surface all on a Firewire interface, for super-cheap. We've got 'em in both online suites at work. It's neither the best audio interface nor the best control surface, but it's the best both-in-one available for the price. I highly recommend it.

(It is kinda big, though.)

March 27, 2009 07:34PM
I use the 1082 with FCP STP & Motion. Make sure you install the Cubase LE software to be able to control the
pan pots on all tracks from the control surface. Use the Cubase drivers, not the sugessted Mackie drivers.

Dave
March 28, 2009 10:03PM
That's COMMAND-SHIFT-K, Tom-- very close ;-)

But those Control-[ / ] or Control - /+ keys-- do they record gain points on the fly? I always thought you needed to slide them puppies up and down with the mouse or get a contorl surface like that neat TASCAM unit...

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Fit Timeline Selection to Window with Shift-Option-Z !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 15, 2009 05:10PM
Sorry for taking so long to answer!
I already use Ctrl-[ to increase 3Db. But I wasn't aware of Cmd -.
Thanks!
April 15, 2009 05:11PM
Thanks all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics