Capture window over Capture Window

Capture window over Capture Window
March 27, 2009 07:20PM
Hi,

may be it's a silly question, but: Does anybody know if it's possible to deactivate the preview window that appears during capture? I work with FCP since version 2 (now I have Version 6) and I always wanted to mark a clip or to write a clip's name during capturing (the same way I can do it with Avid or Premiere), but it isn't possible, because that "capture window" appears over the capture window tool and blocks any operation. If it's possible even with Premiere, I don't understand why a superb software like FCP doesn't offer the tool I mentioned above. Or am I too unexperienced?

Thank you for any information, best regards,

Miguel Barreda Delgado
Realizador de Cine y Video
Arequipa, Perú
miguelbarreda@gmail.com
Re: Capture window over Capture Window
March 28, 2009 03:27AM
Well you actually can push the preview window to the background (last I checked) but I don't recall it also then letting you perform other activities in FCP whilst its still capturing ... still, for what its worth, shift tab or click to move focus to the Finder (so that FCP is not the foreground app) then mouse click on the FCP window that you do want foremost. IIRC doing so should bring FCP back into focus with the selected window to the fore ...

As to "I don't understand why FCP ..." neither do any of us :-(

Still, comfort yourself in the knowledge that capturing from tape is a dying function and that tapeless workflows that will present all new and even more annoying issues are the future.
Re: Capture window over Capture Window
March 28, 2009 06:56AM
It's possible to hide FCP while a capture is going -- press APPLE-H. You can perform Finder functions while that is happening. When FCP has that preview window on and you hide it, though, it becomes tremendously unresponsive, so you'd have some trouble navigating back to FCP. Whenever I do have to do this, and I'd have to stop the capture, for example, I'd have to APPLE-Tab to FCP, click the mouse several times, then mash the ESC key. And it generally takes 10 to 20 seconds to kick back in. So I'm not sure how healthy it is.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics