Motion corrupting my 1080i60 clips

Posted by ERIC B 
Motion corrupting my 1080i60 clips
March 30, 2009 03:25PM
Everytime I add movement to one of my shots in an HDV1080i60 setting, the shot breaks up.
It looks like there is another semi opaque shot with fine horizontal lines resting on top of the original. And it's only when I add a move.

I've tried everything I can think of - shifting fields, de-interlacing, changing the sequence setting.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks
Re: Motion corrupting my 1080i60 clips
March 30, 2009 04:12PM
How many times are you planning to post this thread?
March 30, 2009 04:45PM
Yeah, I know. I just haven't gotten an answer that has fixed the problem.
March 30, 2009 04:58PM
In FCP or Motion?

If this is a Motion App question then post it in the Motion forum.

If its FCP Motion Tab question then here is fine...

However, your post is way too vague to be of any use.

Please be more specific explaining THE exact process you are attempting, any filters used and your system and software versions plus in this case the specs of the screen(s) that the problem is appearing on.

Also it would be helpful if you post a frame grab of the corruption or save a web movie so we can assess it.

It would also save time (in future) if you do this as a matter of course! So muggins here doesn't have to keep repeating himself winking smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
March 30, 2009 06:08PM
Okay - I'm running on an IMac 10.5.6
Latest version of Final Cut
I'm in an HDV1080160 16:9 1440x1080 setting.
There are no filters. Deinterlacing filter does not affect the clip.
Whenever I add a move from the motion tab like moving a clip in and out of frame it gets corrupted when you look at it in the Canvas or watch it after it's been exported.
I don't know how to add a screenshot to this message.
But it looks like a second transparent interlaced image appears over the original shot.
March 30, 2009 06:29PM
Nickel says this isn't "corruption" at all, but rather correct behavior, since you're working in an interlaced timeline.

Working on interlaced material without an interlaced broadcast monitor for reference is really difficult, especially if you're not used to the quirks of an interlaced timeline. And as mentioned somewhere here recently, though I forget where, it's impossible to spot field-order problems without an interlaced broadcast monitor.

March 30, 2009 07:16PM
YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! I just burned it to disk and played it back. All that "corruption" was gone.
SO the problem was not having an interlaced monitor. THANK YOU!!!
March 30, 2009 08:04PM
Glad you got it sorted...

You can add a screen shot by uploading to photo-bucket or your own webspace and putting the link in this button here:

grinning smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics