Converting 60i to 24p

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
Converting 60i to 24p
April 12, 2009 11:51AM
Hello!
I have video that was shot with two different cameras in two different ways.
A Canon XL2 shot as 16:9 60i
and a Panasonic DVX200A shot as 24p widescreen.
The cameras were used to record the same thing from two diff angles.
So of course, the color, etc.. look different when I'm watching and editing.

My question is, what can I do in FCP to make the XL2 footage look like the DVX200A footage?

I suppose I could screw around with color correction and frame rate on the sequence but if I start tinkering around to find the right settings I may be there for a while.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Re: Converting 60i to 24p
April 12, 2009 02:32PM

I suppose I could screw around with color correction and frame rate on the sequence but if I start tinkering around to find the right settings I may be there for a while.

There's no "instant fix". Matching shots requires "screwing around" with the color correction and, yes, that takes time. You may be able to match one shot then copy & paste attributes for the filter (Color Correction) for that one clip to all the other similar clips from that camera (if all were recorded with the same white balance in the same location).

You should decide which frame rate you wish to use in your sequence and convert one camera to that frame rate before bringing the footage into the project.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: Converting 60i to 24p
April 12, 2009 02:36PM
My Film Effects www.nattress.com should handle the first part, taking the 60i to 24p. However...

If you shot 24p normal, and are editing in a 29.97fps timeline, then all should be good. However, if you shot 24pA and are editing in a 24p timeline, you need to actually convert the 60i to 24p, not just make it look like it. That is more fiddly, and my Standards Conversion pack does do that, but it's a touch trickier to do. But both work as solutions, whichever way around you need to do it.

And after that, fine colour correction is the next step.

Graeme
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics