pink and green waffle type pattern on tape when I print to video

Posted by Lisha 
pink and green waffle type pattern on tape when I print to video
April 15, 2009 11:08PM
Hello to all,

I am recording to DVCAM tape using a Sony DSR-11 on my MacBook Pro. My timeline is not recording to the tape. A pattern of pink and green lines are recording to the tape. I can view the footage on my broadcast monitor, but when I hit play/record on my DSR-11 I loose the picture on my monitor. If I just play from the timeline I see the picture on my monitor.

Help! Of course, I have to deliver tomorrow. :-)

As always, thanks in advance!

Peace,
Lisha
Re: pink and green waffle type pattern on tape when I print to video
April 15, 2009 11:15PM
Additional note:

If I record straight from the timeline the footage records to the tape. However, using Print To Video records the pink and green lines to the tape.

Thanks again!
Lisha
April 15, 2009 11:24PM
Does Edit to Tape work? Did you clean the video head on your DSR-11? You know, that gaping hole doesn't do the parts inside too many favours, since most DSR-11 users lose that fragile door.

www.derekmok.com
April 16, 2009 04:44AM
Hi Derek,

Edit to Tape does not work either. Playing the timeline and then just hitting play/record works. I cleaned the heads and I still have my fragile door intact. :-)

Lisha
April 16, 2009 10:20AM
> Edit to Tape does not work either. Playing the timeline and then just hitting play/record works.

Now that's weird. And you're sure that this stuff is ending up on tape? You're not just watching the image as it's being output to tape? With the play/record, you checked the tape afterwards and didn't see the issue?

www.derekmok.com
April 16, 2009 12:20PM
Yep, the entire program is on the tape. I played from the timeline and hit play/record. Using the Print To Video option gives me the pink and green lines/waffle pattern on the tape.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics