Internet site

Posted by enger 
Internet site
April 16, 2009 12:23AM
Hi guys, I currently completed a one minute clip that i would like to put on my internet site, and also you tube. Just wondering what the best way to do this is and what to export the file as? Do i need to use compressor? Thanks heaps guys
Re: Internet site
April 16, 2009 06:48AM
This is one of those questions that can be answered a whole lot of different ways. I use DV Kitchen.
April 16, 2009 09:07AM
Nope...don't need compressor (at least for your internet site). I don't use Compressor at all...Quicktime Pro exports a perfect H264 for the internet.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 16, 2009 09:21AM
Yeah or upload to Youtube or Vimeo and embed on your site. There are a million different ways to do web video. What are you requirements- in terms of quality, speed, etc.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
April 16, 2009 06:10PM
Oh ok, thanks heaps. Rm i just want the best quality on my website, Vimeo and youtube, for a one minute film trailer to promote my video. So you recon skip the 'compressor process all together? The thing is that i dont have internet on my apple mac, so have to put the file onto my windows pc which has the internet.
April 16, 2009 06:48PM
I'm sorry, i went to export the quicktime clip and couldn't find anything that said 'H264' on it...
April 16, 2009 07:00PM
> I'm sorry, i went to export the quicktime clip and couldn't find anything that said 'H264' on it...

H. 264 is a codec. You still need to choose a "wrapper" or "container" -- a format such as QuickTime Movie, MPEG-4, or AVI (the last is not recommended for Macs), then go into Options to choose the codec.. I'd go MPEG-4 -- it yields the most compact file sizes, even at the same bit rates as QuickTime Movies.

www.derekmok.com
April 16, 2009 07:19PM
oh ok, when i go to 'options' and the file format says 'mp4 ISMA' it won't let me change video format to H.264, but if i change the file format to just 'mp4' it will allow me to tick H.264. Is this ok?
April 16, 2009 07:52PM
Export/Movie to Quicktime Movie (Options)/Video (settings)/Compression Type (H264)/...and plug in your settings. Also use AAC Audio @ 128 kbps.

I just posted complete H264 settings in another thread not too long ago. Do a forum search.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 16, 2009 08:18PM
ok thanks. sorry couldn't locate the settings...so i changed me audio to aac. Is the default setting linear? its just i'm using my brothers laptop and don't wanna mess with his settings etc
April 17, 2009 12:39AM
I tried the settings you told me to use

"Export/Movie to Quicktime Movie (Options)/Video (settings)/Compression Type (H264)/...and plug in your settings. Also use AAC Audio @ 128 kbps"

and put it on youtube and it looks shocking!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics