confused about exporting mpeg files
April 21, 2009 09:11AM
I have been reading many answers on the web as to bes tway to export from Final Cut. If I am going to assemble many different sequences into a DVD, what is the best format to use? I am currently using the MPEG4 setting but have heard some things about H.264. Clearly I am a newbie but I really want to learn this so I can get the best possible quality. I am shooting with a Sony HDR-SR10 (using the AVCHD codec) thanks!!

Dave
Re: confused about exporting mpeg files
April 21, 2009 09:23AM
DVD uses only MPEG-2. If you bring anything else into DVD Studio Pro, it's going to convert your media files to MPEG-2 elementary streams during the authoring process.

What you should probably do is just export native Quicktimes from your FCP timeline (since you're shooting AVCHD, your FCP timeline will be ProRes 422), then bring those into Compressor. Apply one of the DVD presets that best suits the total amount of material you want on the DVD, then take the resulting elementary streams into DVD Studio Pro for authoring. That'll give you the best result possible without third-party software or time-consuming manual tweakery.

Re: confused about exporting mpeg files
April 21, 2009 09:35AM
Thank you for your help, I will try that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics