Compressor Problem Content Agent

Posted by FilmBase 
Compressor Problem Content Agent
April 23, 2009 02:25PM
This problem just started happening but has been running fine for almost a year.

When I submit a video to be compressed in Compressor, I'll choose the Cluster selection I've created in Qmaster then click Submit. It appears to do nothing but after about 20 seconds I get a message that reads:

"An internal error occurred: ContentAgent server not found."

The video does not get compressed. However, if I choose This Computer as the Cluster, it works fine.

The Cluster I created is identical to the one Larry Jordon created in the training video found on Lynda.com. I've been using this method both on my tower and my laptop but now my tower is giving me this error and I don't know how to fix it. I really don't understand what the error message means.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

-- Jeff

Mac OS - 10.5.6
Processor - 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory - 5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Compressor 3.0.5
Re: Compressor Problem Content Agent
April 24, 2009 02:22AM
Hi Jeff--

You may need to Trash Compressors users preferences--

I think Larry describes how to do it in one of the videos--

Its been awhile since I saw it but I think you just trash CompressorPlist--
Im perty sure that the only one that needs to be trashed --

--Jay--
April 24, 2009 10:52PM
Thanks Jay, for the suggestion. That was one of the first things I tried. I trashed all the prefs I could find related to Compressor, Qmaster, Qadmin and Batch Monitor. I even trashed the ones from my Library and the System's Library with no such luck. I even tried re-installing Final Cut Pro Suite. Its looking like its more and more a hardware issue but that's way over my head. I may just have to take the computer to Apple and say, "Make this work!"

Thanks again, though.

-- Jeff
October 31, 2009 07:40AM
hi jeff,

did u fix the problem? i have the same actually sad smiley

best

3ccd
October 31, 2009 05:03PM
Sadly I wasn't able to fix the problem directly. However, on an unrelated issue my hard drive died and I had to reformat it. After installing all the software I did try it and it works fine for me. I know this is not what you wanted to hear nor is it a real solution but I just thought I'd share.

If you hear of a fix or figure it out your self please let me know so I can keep those details in a file someplace.

Thanks and good luck.

-- Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics