Accessing Metadata

Posted by Steve Douglas 
Accessing Metadata
May 08, 2009 06:57PM
Just received a question from a reader that I don't know the answer to. He wants to know how, when using an AVC inter based cam,(he's using a Sony 520) he can access the metadata off the cams card. His reasoning is that when he is reviewing test footage, he wants to know what his exposure settings were and other info the card might contain. I have no idea how this is done since I do not use one of these cams.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Re: Accessing Metadata
May 08, 2009 07:30PM
Sony 520? Got a better camera model number? Google doesn't get me a video camera.

And AVCIntra...that is PANASONIC only. Need the HPX 300, 2700, 3000, 3700 or the P2 Gear or P2 Mobile in order to shoot and record that format.

And yes, P2 Log will do this, HD Log too...www.imagineproducts.com

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 08, 2009 07:41PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. He was actually asking the same question for 2 different cams the Sony XR520 and the Canon S10. He is in the business of making housings for underwater use and wanted to know how to access the metadata
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
May 08, 2009 07:45PM
OK, but again, neither shoot AVCI. They might be AVCHD cameras. Not sure that metadata is accesable.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
May 08, 2009 07:53PM
You're right, they are AVCHD which is inter rather than intra. He was hoping that the metadata would be accessible.

steve-sharksdelight
May 08, 2009 07:56PM
I might be mistaken, but I don't think I am.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
May 10, 2009 09:55PM
I have lots of AVCHD footage and file and I don't see anywhere to look at the metadata

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
May 11, 2009 11:49AM
Dean,
So are you saying that the cards these AVCHD cams utilize, do not record metadata? If not, that explains it, but if they do, there must be a way then to access it.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics